There are 10 big reasons why men and women's brains are completely different. Although it is the butt of many jokes, experts have discovered that there actually is a difference. Understand that even as children these differences exist. As early as 5 months in an infant it is proven that these differences are evident and have nothing to do with a Child's environment.
1. Human Relationships: Women communicate more effectively than men. Using non-verbal cues such as tone, emotion and empathy; whereas men tend to be more task-oriented, less talkative and have more difficulty understanding emotion.
2. Left brain vs. both hemispheres of the brain: Men tend to process information better in the left hemisphere of the brain. This explains why men are better at task oriented situations and problem solving. Women are functioning from both hemispheres of the brain which is why women solve a problem more on a creative level and more of aware of feelings and emotions while communicating.
3. Mathematic abilities: The area of the brain called the inferior-parietal lobule (IPL) is significantly larger in men especially on the left side. This is why men are significantly better in math. Women on the other hand the (IPL) is larger on the right side which is why women are better at processing sensory information and respond to "specific stimuli" such a crying baby in the night.
4. Reaction to stress: Men tend to have fight or flight response in stress situations while women seem to approach stressful situation by nurturing the self and others. The reason is that stress is rooted in hormones. The hormone oxytocin is released during stress in everyone. Female estrogen enhances oxytocin resulting in a calming effect. Testosterone however reduces the effects of oxytocin.
5. Language: The sections of the brain responsible for language are larger in women. Women process language in both hemispheres of the brain which improves language-associated thinking. Men only process language in their dominant hemisphere. Women may also be more apt to recover language skills faster after having a stroke than men.
6. Emotions: Women have a larger deep limbic system that allows them to be more in touch with their feelings. This allows women to be wonderful caregivers; however this larger deep limbic system also opens women to depression, especially during hormonal shifts.
7. Brain Size: Men's brains are typically 11-12% larger than a woman's brain. This has nothing whatsoever to do with intelligence. Men need more neurons to control their greater muscle mass and larger body size.
8.Pain: Pain is perceived differently in men and women. Studies show that women need more morphine than men to reach the same level of pain reduction. Women perceive pain more intensely because the area of the brain that is activated during pain is called the amygdale. Men are more connected on the right side of the brain and women on the left when the amygdale is activated. The right amygdale has more connections with areas of the brain that control internal functions and the left controls external functions. This is the reason why women feel pain more intensely than a man. It also explains why a woman would seek medical attention before a man feels the need.
9.Spacial Ability: Men have stronger special abilities i.e. shapes and its dynamics. Experts have found that women have a thicker parietal region of the brain which hinders the ability to mentally rotate objects.
10.Susceptibility to disorders: Men and women are susceptible of disorders because of the way each gender uses the brain hemispheres. Men are more susceptible to language problems and dyslexia. Women are susceptible to mood disorders such as depression and anxiety. Being left handed is not a disorder however more men are left handed than women.